Colorado Truck Accident Lawyer
999 18th Street, Suite 3000
Denver, CO 80202
Call (720) 744-0000
On most days in Denver, large trucks and cars share the roads without incident.
However, catastrophic injuries can occur as a consequence of a large truck
and passenger car collision. Since trucks outweigh cars by several tons,
truck accidents can severely injure the passengers in a car.
Here are some interesting facts that will help you understand the dangers
that lurk on the roads with large trucks.
- When cars travel on the side of trucks, the truck drivers are not able
to see them. Trucks have extensive blind spots.
- Large trucks can weigh up to 80,000 pounds.
- Trucks can weigh approximately 20 times more than passenger cars.
- A typical passenger car weighs between 3,000 and 5,000 pounds.
- Trucks require greater stopping distances than cars.
- When a collision between a truck and car occurs, trucks can easily roll
over and crush any car in its path.
- The air brakes on trucks require the adherence to strict maintenance and
- During an accident, trucks can skid and the trailer can swing onto the
side of the truck. This is called jackknifing.
Causes of Denver Truck Accidents
In most cases, driver negligence can cause collisions between trucks and
cars on Denver roads. In other cases, factors that are beyond the control
of the truck driver cause the accident. Factors that attribute to accidents include:
- Drivers falling asleep while operating the vehicle
- Drivers operating the truck while under the influence of drugs and alcohol
- Extreme weather conditions
- Slick roads
- Excessive speed
- Truck or truck parts can malfunction
- Distracted driving (talking on the phone, eating or daydreaming).
- Improper maintenance.
- Illegal lane changes
- Aggressive driving
Whatever the cause of your Denver truck accident, the attorneys at The
Doan Law Firm can help you get the settlement that you deserve. Our attorneys
have experience working with insurance companies to get fair settlements
for our clients. If necessary, our capable trial attorneys can successfully
represent your case in court.
What to Do After a Denver Truck Accident
A truck accident case is only as strong as its evidence. If you or a loved
one are involved in Denver truck accident, there are important steps you
need to take.
1. Call for emergency help. The operator will dispatch emergency personnel
such as police officers, fire fighters and paramedics to the scene.
2. Get a copy of the police report. The police report is an important
part of the evidence that your attorney will use to represent you. If
you are unable to get it at the scene of the accident, ask the officer
when the report will be available.
3. Keep your conversations to a minimum. It is not in your best interest
to provide accounts of the accidents to any person.
4. Limit your conversation with the truck driver. You should not apologize
5. Take pictures of the accident scene including cars, marks on the road,
damaged guard rails, the road, the truck, the company name and anything
that will assist your attorney.
6. Call your insurance company to tell them that you have been involved
in an accident. Be careful not to make any confessions to the representative
of your insurance company.
7. Get relevant information such as the driver's license number, Department
of Transportation number for the truck, license number, insurance information,
and company's name.
8. Seek immediate medical attention. If you do not feel as if you are
hurt, go the emergency room for an examination. You may have sustained
9. Contact an attorney at The Doan Law Firm for a consultation.
Timing Is Everything
There are statute of limitations that can affect your case. If you are
involved in a Denver truck accident, you need to immediately seek legal advice.
Truck accident lawsuits can take a considerable amount of time to resolve.
Your attorney has to gather and examine evidence from all sources. Witnesses
must be interviewed. Relevant videos must be assessed. Expert witnesses
must be retained. In addition, both parties must agree on a settlement.
Unlike a typical car accident, Denver truck accidents are more labor intensive.
They require more preparation time to present the evidence.
Denver truck attorney will collect, preserve and examine all necessary evidence. The best evidence
for a successful outcome is gathered immediately after the accident.
Contact The Doan Law Firm
At The Doan Law Firm, our primary goal is to help clients like you get
the justice and compensation they deserve. If you or a loved one has been
injured as a result of a Denver truck accident, we can help you.
Call for immediate assistance. Our hotline is available 24/7/365 to assist
you with your case. Our attorneys can consult with you at our office or
at the hospital. We look forward to working with you to resolve your case.
999 18th Street, Suite 3000
Denver, CO 80202