Fraternity Alcohol Abuse Lawyer
Serving Fraternity Hazing Victims Nationwide
Alcohol abuse is one of the most common forms of
hazing in college fraternities, athletic programs, marching bands and other social
groups. Pressure to consume large amounts of alcohol can lead to huge
medical bills, grievous injuries and even death. The increased pressure
of social groups is used to force initiates to drink too much alcohol
and be goaded into participating in rituals that go against their individual
beliefs. Alcohol plays a key role in a variety of hazing rituals. Any
requirement to consume alcohol is considered hazing even if it doesn’t
lead to alcohol poisoning or injury. The following scenarios represent
a few types of alcohol
- Drinking as an implicit or explicit condition for admission to a social group
- Coercion to consume alcohol under duress or in a casual setting
- Pressure to participate in drinking games or ritualized drinking
Emotional and psychological trauma aren’t the only injuries linked
to alcohol abuse. Hazing is a serious issue that can contribute to a variety
of dangerous consequences.
- Individuals who are subjected to alcohol hazing are more likely to experience
adjunct injuries related to sexual abuse or alcohol poisoning.
- Fraternity members often fail to request medical assistance because they
fear the consequences or because they are not familiar with the symptoms
of alcohol poisoning.
- The effects of consuming large amounts of alcohol can be deadly if the
person passes out, stops breathing or chokes due to impaired reflexes
and brain function.
- Individuals who have consumed dangerous quantities of alcohol may experience
memory loss or irreversible brain damage.
There is no acceptable defense in cases where alcohol consumption led to
mental, emotional or physical injuries. While attorneys at The Doan Law
Firm focus on handling civil cases, these incidents may also lead to criminal
charges. Nearly all states have anti-hazing laws that criminalize these
activities. Fraternity members and school administrators must be held
responsible for their actions or for their failure to act.
The Doan Law Firm, we are dedicated to protecting the rights of families and individuals
who were harmed due to ritualistic alcohol hazing. We handle a large number
of these cases across the nation and will offer aggressive and compassionate
representation to you.
Call us directly at 800-863-9110. Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, and we offer
free consultations. You won’t pay unless we win your case.