Houston Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyer
Call today for a free consultation from our Car Accident Team
Whether they’re commuting to work, heading to the airport, or enjoying a night out, Houston residents and tourists often turn to Uber and Lyft for their transportation needs. Because these services offer potential savings in travel costs and the convenience of quickly arranging for a driver via smartphone, they've become increasingly popular.
However, when you've suffered an accident involving a ride-hailing service, the confusion and stress can be tremendous. In the aftermath, you may be struggling with serious injuries and with the expenses and inconveniences caused by damage to your vehicle. You may also have an unclear idea about your options for covering the steep costs. That’s why you need a Houston Uber accident lawyer.
Turn to a top ride share accident lawyer in Houston
When an accident occurs involving a ride-hailing service, the following are some of the key questions you need to address:
- Were you being transported by the Uber or Lyft driver at the time of the accident?
- Was the Uber or Lyft driver using the ride-hailing app when the accident occurred?
- What sort of insurance does the Uber or Lyft driver personally carry?
Why are these questions important? Uber or Lyft drivers who weren’t using the app when the accident occurred may be covered only by their personal auto insurance. In contrast, if they were logged in at the time, they should be receiving additional insurance coverage from the ride-hailing company they were working with. The extent of the coverage depends on whether or not they were assigned to transport someone when the accident took place.
Along with these issues, you’ll also need to address the standard questions that come up following any car accident:
- Who is at fault for the crash? Does more than one driver share the fault?
- Were you a passenger, driver, or pedestrian during the crash?
- Did anything unrelated to driving behavior contribute to the crash? For example, there might have been a mechanical failure in one of the vehicles.
It’s also important to look into whether the Uber or Lyft driver has a record of driving-related offenses. Both Lyft and Uber run initial background checks on drivers and perform follow-up checks; drivers and their vehicles must meet certain standards. However, the system of checks isn’t foolproof. Furthermore, drivers aren’t obligated to obtain the kind of special license required of limousine or taxi drivers.
Your ride share accident lawyer will help you construct a coherent picture of what occurred during the crash and will discuss all available options for compensation. Because your options depend so much on the specific details of each accident, your attorney will conduct a thorough analysis of your case. You’ll be less likely to accept a settlement that’s unfair to you and that fails to adequately cover the losses you’ve suffered.
What might a car accident cost you?
Your Houston Lyft accident lawyer or Uber accident lawyer will help make sure that you aren’t neglecting to account for any of the costs of your accident. Accurate calculations are critical for ensuring that you're compensated fairly and that you aren’t struggling in the aftermath to pay for medical treatments, vehicle repairs, and other expenses.
- Medical costs include ambulance rides, emergency room visits, hospitalizations, surgeries, outpatient care, physical therapy, and therapy for mental health or cognitive rehabilitation.
- With permanent injuries, costs can arise from lifestyle changes, including the need for a wheelchair or other assistive devices. Certain home modifications may also be needed, such as installing handrails or widening doorways.
- Property-related expenses can stem from vehicle damage and damage to anything valuable in the vehicle, including laptops and smartphones.
- Other costs include increased insurance premiums, loss of wages from missed work, and unemployment.
Because your Houston Lyft accident lawyer will guide you as you figure out current and future costs, you’ll be able to build a stronger case and support it with compelling evidence, including medical reports, copies of bills and receipts, and photos of the accident scene and any injuries you’ve sustained.
Call on a Houston Uber accident lawyer
Because accidents involving Uber or Lyft often involve complicated details, it’s critical that you contact an Uber accident lawyer as soon as possible after a crash.
When you reach out to us, you’ll receive our personal attention and all of the advantages of our excellent legal skills and substantive experience. We collect fees only on winning your case. You can depend on us to give you powerful legal support and strive for the best results possible.
Introducing The Doan Law Firm
Learn about what motivates Attorney Jimmy Doan.
Get to Know Jimmy Doan
Learn about Attorney Jimmy Doan's background and ...