Houston Drowning Lawyer Our Goal: Winning & Winning Big

Houston Drowning Attorney

1 Riverway Suite 2500

Houston, Texas 77056

(832) 835-0000

When an individual drowns, it can be an emotional moment for the family and friends of the person who has passed away. In the aftermath of a person's death, there may be a lot of questions that need to be answered as well as final expenses to take care of. You may be able to make a hard time a little easier by talking to a Houston drowning accident lawyer.

Who Is Held Responsible When Someone Drowns?

The first question that you will want to answer is why your loved one drowned in the first place. In part, you will want an answer to help you get closure as well as to determine if negligence played a role in the drowning. If the drowning was just an accident, it is unlikely that you will be entitled to compensation on behalf of the deceased.

However, if negligence did play a role in the accident, your Houston drowning accident attorney will make sure that any liable party or parties are held liable for their actions. For instance, if a camp counselor wasn't watching your child when he or she drowned in a pool, the counselor, the camp and any third-party tasked with acting as a lifeguard could be held liable.

If a family member drowned after a boating accident, the owner of the boat could be held liable if there were no life vests on board. The government may also be held responsible if they didn't get to your loved one quickly enough after he or she went overboard or if other protocols weren't followed for any reason.

What Types of Compensation Can You Get For Me?

You may be able to get compensation for any medical bills that your loved one incurred before he or she passed. Compensation for final expenses such as having a funeral or performing a cremation might be part of a settlement as well. There is a good chance that the deceased lost out on many years or decades of earning potential because of his or her untimely death.

Therefore, it may be possible for a family to be compensated for those lost future earnings. Additional amounts may be added to that figure to help a minor child or another dependent of the deceased to live the lifestyle that he or she would have had the individual never passed.

Punitive damages may also be part of a settlement or a jury verdict, and such damages may be more likely if a corporate or government entity was liable for the death. However, there is no guarantee that this will happen in your case or that any specific types of compensation will be awarded without knowing the facts of the case.

How Will a Drowning Accident Lawyer Help Me Pursue My Case?

There are many ways in which a drowning accident attorney may be able to help an individual get the compensation that he or she is entitled to. First, legal counsel may make sure that a case is filed before the statute of limitations expires, which is two years from the accident.

If the case is not filed by the time this statute expires, it may not be possible to have it heard or for a victim to obtain compensation. In the event that a person would rather settle the case, an attorney will work as hard as possible to make sure that this happens in a timely manner.

Your attorney is your advocate throughout the entire course of your case. He or she will be there to hear your concerns or provide advice as necessary in an honest and straightforward way. It is critical to note that you are always in control of your case and how it is handled. Your attorney is there to honor your wishes and ensure that you get as favorable an outcome as possible regardless of how you choose to resolve it.

You Don't Pay Until Your Case Is Resolved

You don't have to pay for your consultation, for any expert witnesses or for any other costs that may come up during the course of your case. We can also work with your doctor or other service providers to make sure that you don't have to pay outstanding bills until you get your settlement money.

If you need a drowning accident lawyer in Houston, contact The Doan Law Firm today. Our address is 1 Riverway Drive, Suite 2500 Houston, Texas 77056, and you can talk to us anytime during normal business hours. We can also be reached by phone at (832) 835-0000 to ask questions about our services or have your case reviewed for free.

Client Testimonials

Hear From Our Clients
    Blown away by the exceptional service.

    “Jimmy is someone you need to have in your corner when fighting the insurance companies for the compensation you deserve!”

    - D.P.
    The Doan Law Firm staff was very kind and helpful throughout the whole process of my injury claim.

    “They worked really hard on my case and never gave up. They got me the amount I deserved. I would recommend any family member or friend without any doubt.”

    - S.T.
    I received AAA+ care from Jimmy Doan and the Doan Law Firm team.

    “He was always available to answer all my questions and ease my anxiety while going through this process. He was able to recover enough to cover all my medical expenses and much more.”

    - H.F.
    They always answered the phone when I needed an update and always kept me informed.

    “They always answered the phone when I needed an update and always kept me informed.”

    - T.V.
    He and his paralegals dealt with the insurance company, and we just worried about getting better and going to the doctor.

    “They were so nice and always answered the phone or text messages. I am thankful to them for helping my family and I. I highly recommend them.”

    - S.V.

What Sets Us Apart from Other Firms?

The Difference is Clear
  • Serving Clients Nationwide
  • We Utilize the Latest Technology
  • No Fee Owed Unless We Win
  • Open, Honest & Upfront Legal Advice
  • Se Habla Español
  • Recognized in the Media & News
  • Virtual Consultations, Online Chat & Video Conferencing Available
  • We Respond to Texts, Emails, Calls Within 1 Hour

Get to Know Us

Watch Our Firm Videos to Learn More
  • Introducing The Doan Law Firm

    Learn about what motivates Attorney Jimmy Doan.

  • Testimonial 1
  • Get to Know Jimmy Doan

    Learn about Attorney Jimmy Doan's background and ...

Contact Us 24/7/365 to Discuss Your Case Fast, Friendly, Free Case Evaluation

Submit Your Information & Our Lawyer Will Contact You Within 1 Hour