Justice and Accountability: A Fort Worth Medical Malpractice Lawyer on Your Side
The Doan Law Firm Fights for the Compensation You Deserve
If you have been injured as the result of medical malpractice, you very well may feel as if your live has been completely upended. If you lost a family member because of the medical negligence of a doctor or other healthcare provider, to say you are devastated is likely an understatement. The Fort Worth medical malpractice lawyer team at The Doan Law Firm is here for you now at (817) 935-0000.
What is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice is a type of negligence that results in a personal injury. From a legal standpoint, four elements need to exist in order for a patient to be able to pursue a Texas medical malpractice claim:
- Duty of care: A medical duty of care exists when a doctor and patient relationship is created. When there is a doctor and patient relationship, a physician must exercise the level of care would provide in similar circumstances.
- Breach of duty of care: A doctor must breach the duty of care owed to a patient. In other words, a physician must deviate from what a similarly situated doctor would do in comparable circumstances.
- Breach is the cause of injury: A breach of a duty of care owed to a patient much be the actual cause of injury sustained by that person. An injury must be the factual and legal result of the breach of a doctor’s duty of care.
- Actual injury: Finally, in order to pursue a Texas medical malpractice claim, a patient must sustain actual injury. A patient cannot pursue a medical malpractice claim based on the contention that something or another might develop at some time in the future.
You can obtain answers to any questions you might have in regard to a medical malpractice claim by contacting The Doan Law Firm at (817) 935-0000.
What are Common Types of Fort Worth Medical Malpractice?
Medical negligence or medical malpractice comes in many forms. With that noted, there are some types of medical mistakes that rise to the level of malpractice that occur with more frequency. These examples of Texas medical malpractice include:
- Surgical errors
- Failure to diagnosis
- Childbirth injuries
- Anesthesia errors
- Prescription mistakes
Who can be Guilty of Committing Medical Malpractice?
Different types of healthcare professionals can be responsible for medical malpractice. These include:
- Physician’s assistants
- Other individuals and entities in the healthcare industry
What Types of Compensation Might be Available in a Fort Worth Medical Malpractice Case?
Compensation in a Fort Worth medical malpractice case is derived from the facts and circumstances surrounding the healthcare negligence at issue. A Doan Law Firm Fort Worth medical malpractice lawyer fights tirelessly on behalf of a client for just compensation. Examples of the types of injuries, damages, and losses for which we seek compensation on behalf of your clients include:
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Other types of compensation as the situation warrants
In some cases a Fort Worth medical malpractice lawyer from our firm seeks what are known as punitive damages. Punitive damages represent additional compensation for an injured patient in a medical malpractice lawsuit when the conduct of the physician or other medical professional is considered to be particularly reckless of egregious.
What do I have to do to Hire an Experienced Fort Worth Medical Malpractice Lawyer?
The first step in retaining a capable, experienced, tenacious Fort Worth medical malpractice lawyer is to contact The Doan Law Firm at (817) 935-0000. The Fort Worth medical malpractice attorney hotline is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 52 weeks a year. This includes all major holidays.
We can arrange an initial consultation and case evaluation with a Fort Worth medical malpractice lawyer at our offices located at:
The Doan Law Firm
420 Throckmorton Street
Fort Worth, Texas 76102
We can also arrange a consultation with you at your home, the hospital, or any other location convenient for you. A virtual case evaluation can be scheduled online as well. There is never a charge for an initial case evaluation with a Doan Law Firm Fort Worth medical malpractice lawyer.
The Doan Law Firm makes an attorney fee pledge. Our firm never charges an attorney fee unless we win your case for you.
Introducing The Doan Law Firm
Learn about what motivates Attorney Jimmy Doan.
Get to Know Jimmy Doan
Learn about Attorney Jimmy Doan's background and ...