Waco Car Accident Lawyer
7215 Bosque Blvd #110
Waco, TX 76710-4020
Call (254) 615-0000
Anyone involved in a car accident caused by a negligent driver should be aware of what options are available. Far too many rely on insurance providers to handle the claim. This sometimes results in drivers receiving less than the adequate amount to compensate for the damages sustained. Drivers also may subject to deductibles or other coverage limits. If you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident, contact The Doan Law Firm to learn more about what you may be entitled to receive.
What can an attorney do in a car accident case?
Attorneys with experience in traffic accident cases can help victims recover financial compensation from the driver responsible for the accident. An attorney will protect your interests and make sure you are treated fairly throughout the process. An attorney can advise you of your options and pursue damages to hold the other driver responsible and compensate you for your losses.
Experienced attorneys will be able to provide the following services in your case as well as many other complicated services:
- Legal advice
- Case analysis (strengths and weaknesses of your case)
- Representation in court proceedings
- Settlement negotiation with insurance companies and other attorneys
- Compliance with court rules and procedures
- Evidence gathering
- Motions (compel disclosure, summary judgment, attorney fees)
- Witness identification
- Witness questioning
- Legal document drafting
- Case comparison
Adequate representation from an attorney can provide greater peace of mind when dealing with the complexities of car accident cases. An experienced attorney will look out for your best interest.
What should you do if involved in a traffic accident?
If you find yourself as a victim in a traffic accident, there are important things you can do to improve your chances of recovering financial damages from the responsible driver.
While each case is different, here are some things to keep in mind:
- 1. Seek medical attention: anyone who has been injured in a traffic accident should seek medical attention. Not only will this help your recovery, but involvement of medical professionals may assist with proving the validity of your claim against the other driver. Doctors, nurses and paramedics can be important witnesses in a car accident case to help demonstrate that you should be compensated for your injuries.
- 2. Document everything you can about the accident: while accident scenes are usually chaotic, documenting the scene can be crucial to your case. Photographs and video recordings help preserve the scene and may capture evidence that will be essential to proving the fault of the other driver. Because lawsuits can take time, you should write down your recollection of the accident promptly after it occurs to help you remember details of the event.
- 3. Identify potential witnesses: anyone with information about the accident or the damages may be a witness to your case. This includes the other driver, as all too often the other person involved flees the scene and evades responsibility. Often, car accidents are witnessed by strangers. These witnesses may be important to your case, so you will want to be able to find them. Write down names and contact information of anyone who can provide information about the case. This includes medical personnel who provide services and police officers who respond to the scene.
- 4. Contact an attorney: as soon as possible after a car accident, contact an attorney with experience representing victims of car accidents. An attorney will protect your interests and provide advice about the things you need to do. An attorney can help preserve evidence and begin the process of pursuing damages against the other driver.
What types of damages can you pursue in a car accident case?
Anyone who suffers injury or loss as a result of a car accident is entitled to receive compensation if the person responsible was negligent. This includes drivers, passengers, pedestrians and property owners.
While every situation is different, following are some of the losses for which you may receive compensation:
- Medical expenses (including deductible payments)
- Lost opportunities
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Physical disfigurement
- Lost wages
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Property damage reimbursement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Legal fees
- Future medical expenses
An attorney with experience representing victims of car accidents in Waco will be able to analyze your situation to determine the full extent of available damages.
Contact the Doan Law Firm
The attorneys at The Doan Law Firm can provide legal advice and representation to those in the Waco area who have experienced loss in a car accident. Schedule an appointment as soon as possible to protect your interest and hold the other driver responsible.
Introducing The Doan Law Firm
Learn about what motivates Attorney Jimmy Doan.
Get to Know Jimmy Doan
Learn about Attorney Jimmy Doan's background and ...