How Does a Waco Car Accident Lawyer Help After an Accident?
7215 Bosque Blvd #110
Waco, TX 76710-4020
Call (254) 615-0000
Car accidents occur frequently and unexpectedly, and the results can be devastating. According to the Texas Department of Transportation, over 3,700 people throughout the state died from motor vehicle accidents in one year alone. That same year, over 17,500 people suffered serious injuries.
Even when a crash doesn’t lead to tragedy, it can still result in steep costs. If you or your loved ones have suffered an accident on the road, the best step you can take is to contact a reputable and experienced Waco car accident lawyer. How can your attorney help you in the aftermath of a crash?
Making sure you understand what happened
What caused the accident, and who is responsible for it? The answers are often complicated. The following are some of the scenarios you may face:
- The accident isn’t entirely the fault of one driver, and each driver’s share of the fault isn’t clear.
- Conditions unrelated to driving behavior, such as a mechanical failure, have contributed to the crash.
- One of the drivers has fled the scene.
- Various pieces of evidence are contradictory. For example, witnesses give different accounts of the collision.
- At the time of the crash, one of the drivers was in the employ of a company or another individual and performing work-related duties.
Along with collecting every possible piece of evidence, such as medical reports and photos or videos from the scene, you need to carefully review what happened with your attorney.
Your attorney will help you organize and analyze the evidence. You’ll be much less likely to overlook important details or unquestioningly accept shaky evidence presented by other parties. You’ll have a clearer picture of the events and a more powerful case to present in court or to an insurance company.
Saving you from mistakes and missed opportunities
The effects that a vehicular collision will have on your life are unpredictable.
In the event of injuries, the potential costs include medical bills for hospitalization, surgeries, emergency room visits, ambulance rides, medical appointments, physical therapy, and psychological counseling. The costs may also extend to wheelchairs and other assistive devices.
Permanent or chronic injuries can result in long-term healthcare expenses, limited job opportunities, and reduction in quality of life. Symptoms that may not be initially apparent could crop up later on and severely impact your health.
Even when an accident doesn’t lead to injuries, the costs can still be extensive and include property damage, lost wages from missed work, and higher insurance premiums.
Along with helping you calculate the current and future costs of an accident, your Waco injury lawyer will ensure that you don’t overlook any avenue of possible compensation or make a costly mistake that will leave you unable to cover your expenses.
With a strong lawyer assisting you, you’ll be less likely to suffer from:
- Settlements that are unfair or unfavorable to you.
- Insurance claims that are denied.
- Missed deadlines for filing a claim or bringing a suit to court.
- Mistakes in your paperwork.
- Unpreparedness during an independent medical examination.
Your Waco car accident lawyer will make sure you’re covering all bases, exploring all options, and making the appropriate preparations when dealing with insurance companies or with the court system. You’ll be able to present the most powerful case possible.
Serving as your advocate during a stressful time
Vehicular accidents cause a major upset and lead to pain, anxiety, and stress. With injuries, your time and energy may become consumed with medical treatments and recuperation. Depending on the severity of the injuries, your entire way of life may need to change. Furthermore, your mental health may suffer, increasing your vulnerability to depression, post-traumatic stress, and other problems.
The frustrations and inconveniences in the aftermath of an accident include the need to get a vehicle repaired or replaced and to make other arrangements for traveling to work, school, or medical appointments. While struggling with day-to-day obligations, you’ll also face a pile of bills and paperwork.
The result is a massive amount of stress and the strong possibility that you’ll feel overwhelmed. A dedicated attorney will ease your burdens in a variety of ways.
- You won’t feel as if you’re struggling alone.
- You’ll be able to depend on sound legal advice and the knowledge and wisdom that comes from your attorney’s years of experience with car accident cases.
- Your options will become significantly clearer, and you’ll have a greater amount of confidence in the strength of your case.
- You’ll enjoy the security and comfort of having a legal advocate determined to serve your best interests.
Reach out to a Waco injury lawyer
Don’t hesitate to contact us in the aftermath of a car accident. We offer dedicated support, personal attention, and the benefits that come from our highly developed legal skills and extensive experience.
Expect a prompt response and the reassurance that your case will be handled with care, compassion, and skill. As your legal advocates, we’ll strive for you to achieve the best possible results.
Introducing The Doan Law Firm
Learn about what motivates Attorney Jimmy Doan.
Get to Know Jimmy Doan
Learn about Attorney Jimmy Doan's background and ...