Wichita Falls Auto Accident Attorneys
Free Case Evaluation 24/7
In a split second, another person's carelessness can cost you your health, career and livelihood. Car accidents happen every day for any number of reasons, and the likelihood of being involved in an accident is high for drivers of all ages. A car accident, however, does not have to derail your life. If you are involved in a collision, there are remedies that can help you to recover the compensation you deserve so that you can go on with your life.
Car Accidents Happen Every Day
There are as many causes of car accidents as there are drivers. A distracted
driver, an impaired or even a sleepy driver can cause an accident that
injures you and destroys your car. If you need your car for work, their
negligence can cost you your career and your financial stability. What
you do immediately following a car accident will make all of the difference
in the remedies you can enjoy.
After an auto accident in Wichita Falls, you are probably bombarded with questions. "Who will care for my children if I have to go to the hospital?", "How will I pay for the damages that my insurance company doesn't cover?", "Will I lose my job?" All these questions may be racing through your head while you are dealing with the pain of your injuries. An experienced law firm can help you to sort through these questions and understand your rights following a car accident.
What to do When You Have Been Involved in a Car Accident
While the average person will rarely experience a catastrophic car accident, they are a frequent occurrence to police, fire departments and paramedics. An accident can go from looking like Armageddon to being completely clean in a matter of hours. This is why it is important to act quickly if you have been involved in a car accident.
- Ensure your safety first. If it's safe to do so, move any vehicles out of the roadway to ensure that first responders can get to you easily.
- Call for help. Call the police and ambulance if there are injuries. If you suspect there may be a fire, call the fire department.
- Allow the medical responders to examine you even if you don't feel injured. Some injuries, like soft tissue injuries, do not appear immediately. It is also important to get a report of your exact condition on the scene in case you decide to file a personal injury claim later.
- Gather information from the other driver. This includes their home phone number, address, insurance policy numbers and cell phone numbers.
- Find witnesses. Eyewitness testimony can help collaborate your account if you are accusing the other driver or being at fault. Capture their contact information so that you can speak to them again later. In some cases, they will need to testify in court, so it is vital that you get this information from them. Witnesses often leave the scene of an accident quickly so act fast to get their information.
- DON'T discuss the accident with the other driver. Never admit fault or apologize for the accident. Even seemingly innocent statements can be used against you to deny you compensation.
- Take photos and video of the accident scene, if possible. As soon as you are able, write up a short account of exactly what happened. Be sure to include details like weather conditions, road obstructions and landmarks.
- After the dust settles, the other driver's insurance company may contact you. Do not talk to them or sign anything without your lawyer present. They may try to get you to admit fault or accept a settlement for less than your injuries are worth. Always contact your attorney if they contact you.
Why you need a car accident lawyer from The Doan Law Firm
If you have been injured in a car accident, you will need an attorney to
fight for your rights. There are limits to the time that you can file
a claim for your injuries, so it pays to get legal help immediately. Your
attorney will compile all of your medical treatment records, police reports,
photos and witness statements and use these to argue your case. Remember
that you can often recover damages even if you were partially at fault
for the accident or also breaking traffic laws when the accident occurred.
While car accidents in Wichita Falls happen every day, they are still traumatic when they happen to you. Having an experienced and competent attorney on your side will help you to recover the money you deserve so that you can return to your normal life as soon as possible. The Doan Firm has served thousands of clients over the years and can help you to get the compensation you deserve for your auto accident. Call us for a free consultation today.
Introducing The Doan Law Firm
Learn about what motivates Attorney Jimmy Doan.
Get to Know Jimmy Doan
Learn about Attorney Jimmy Doan's background and ...