Chicago Drowning Accident Attorney
Helping Drowning Victims and Their Loved Ones Seek Justice
Drowning accidents can lead to serious injury or even death. Sadly, some of the tragedies could have been prevented had the person responsible for the pool, hot tub, or other body of water upheld their duty of care. Fortunately, victims and their families are not without recourse. If you or a loved one suffered injury in a drowning accident because of another person's negligence, you have the right to seek compensation for damages. Still, pursuing an insurance claim or lawsuit is not easy, and it is essential to have a lawyer guide you through your case.
At The Doan Law Firm, we do not believe that victims should be financially responsible for accidents caused by the negligence of others. Our Chicago drowning accident lawyer can help you seek the compensation you deserve. We understand that this is a difficult and emotional time for you, which is why we will stand by your side, ensure your voice is heard, and protect your best interests. No amount of money can ever erase your experience or the harm you and your family sustained, but it can help you cover expenses and financial losses and show the responsible party that there are consequences for their negligence.
We are prepared to pursue justice on your behalf. Schedule a free case evaluation by calling us at (312) 967-0000 or contacting us onlinetoday.
Holding Responsible Parties Liable
Drowning accidents can occur in a wide range of locations where there is a pool, hot tub, or other body of water, such as a public recreation area, private backyard, or hotel. The owners of these properties or locations are required to ensure that the premises are safe for visitors. They, therefore, must address any hazards that could be dangerous to others. When a pool or hot tub owner skirts their duties, someone can be hurt.
Drowning accidents can be painful for the victim and their loved ones. Many incidents are fatal. And in situations where the victim survives, they can suffer long-term injuries, such as brain damage, that could require round-the-clock and lifelong care.
At The Doan Law Firm, our drowning attorney in Chicago can evaluate your case to determine whether you have grounds for legal action, who you can take action against, and what your legal options are.
How to Seek Compensation for a Drowning Accident
The person bringing a claim or lawsuit for a drowning accident has the burden of proving that they or their loved one was harmed because of another's negligence.
Meeting this burden requires showing that the responsible party:
- Owed the victim a duty of care,
- Breached their duty of care by failing to rectify issues in or around the pool or hot tub,
- Acted negligently, and their negligence was a substantial cause of the accident and injury
At The Doan Law Firm, we will handle the nuances of your case to seek just compensation on your behalf.
Our Chicago drowning accident lawyer takes the following steps in these matters:
- Interview: We start by asking several pertinent questions about the incident to better understand what happened and why.
- Investigation: We comb through every detail of the case to gather evidence to support our client's allegations. This step involves collecting documents, police reports, medical records, and other relevant information.
- Preparation: We fully prepare for every case by analyzing the evidence, interviewing witnesses under oath, and getting testimony from experts.
- Negotiation: Our first course of action is to attempt to settle the case with the liable party's insurance company. We fight hard to seek just compensation.
- Trial: Not all drowning accidents cases can be settled through negotiations. Thus, we are ready to present the case before a judge or jury.
Compassionate Legal Guidance for Chicago Drowning Cases
Drowning accident matters are complex, but you and your loved ones do not have to go through the legal processes alone. You have the right to have an attorney represent you. At The Doan Law Firm, we will be your zealous advocate from start to finish. We have in-depth knowledge of the legal procedures involved and can discuss your options and explore every avenue to seek a favorable outcome for you.
To speak with our Chicago drowning attorney about your case, call us at (312) 967-0000 or submit an online contact form.
Introducing The Doan Law Firm
Learn about what motivates Attorney Jimmy Doan.
Get to Know Jimmy Doan
Learn about Attorney Jimmy Doan's background and ...