Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Serving Nationwide
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Errors on the party of a rider and/or a vehicle driver can lead to a motor vehicle collision. It is important to recognize that everyone must be attentive and obey the law in order to prevent a collision.
As accidents happen though, it is also important to recognize some of the most common causes, which include:
- Bad weather conditions
- Failing to yield
- Disobey a traffic sign or signal
- Distracted driving
In some cases, a defective vehicle or motorcycle part could cause an accident. If this is the case, the victim may be entitled to file a product liability claim.
What to After a Motorcycle Accident
After a collision, remaining calm is one of the first things to remember to do. If you are the victim an accident, an overwhelming amount of emotions such as anger and despair can blind you so stay level-headed and act reasonable in order to protect your rights.
The motorcyclist and other driver should be sure to get out of the way of oncoming traffic. If your vehicle is stuck on the road only attempt to remove it if traffic is completely clear or wait until law enforcement arrives.
Further steps to take after a motorcycle accident include:
- Be sure to call for medical assistant and law enforcement; do not assume that someone else has already called.
- Assess the situation such as if anyone was hurt and what type of damage your vehicle sustained.
- Exchange information with the other driver(s) involved including insurance and contact information.
- A picture is worth a thousand words, so make sure to take photographs of the scene of the accident, property damage, and visible injuries.
- Write down details you recall about the accident.
- If there are witnesses get their statements as well as contact information in case you need it in the future.
- When providing details to law enforcement about the accident, provide only true statements. Do not falsify any information or place blame on anyone.
- Be sure to ask the police officer where you can obtain a copy of the accident report.
- Contact your insurer to let them know you have been involved in a collision and then contact Doan Law Firm for legal assistance.
Furthermore, always seek medical assistance for any injuries you believe you or your passengers have suffered. Some signs of an injury may not appear until hours after the accident occurred which could result in delayed treatment and permanent damage.
Some common motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Road rash
- Broken bones
- Head trauma
- Rider's arm
- Spinal cord injuries
- Cuts and lacerations
If an insurance representative shows up to the scene of the accident do not allow them to intimidate you into signing any documentation you do not understand. Oftentimes adjusters will try to place the blame on one individual rather than collect the true facts and help the injured party.
Contact our Houston Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Today
At the Doan Law Firm, we understand how serious motorcycle accidents can result in extensive injuries. If you or a loved one is seeking legal counsel after being hurt in a crash caused by a careless driver, our Texas motorcycle injury attorneys are ready to help you fight for your right to fair and just compensation.
Our attorneys are knowledgeable in motorcycle accident claims and can help you fight for the MAXIMUM amount of compensation you deserve. Along with providing comprehensive legal counsel we can help guide you or your loved ones through the entire litigation process.
If you would prefer to contact us online, fill out the 'FREE CASE EVALUATION' form at the top of this page – it's FREE to submit and strictly confidential. Our lawyers will contact you within the next hour to discuss your claim.
Introducing The Doan Law Firm
Learn about what motivates Attorney Jimmy Doan.
Get to Know Jimmy Doan
Learn about Attorney Jimmy Doan's background and ...