About Burn Injury Lawsuits
Burn Injury Lawyer
Burn injuries most commonly refer to an injury that’s caused by exposure to the skin, including exposure from:
- Any Other High Heat Source
Additionally, abrasions can also be included in the burn injury category. When fast moving parts come in contact with the skin, that’s an abrasion. An example would be a rotor wheel. Furthermore, chemical burns are also included in the general burn injury category.
These will include burn injuries caused by:
- High-Frequency Technology (This Is Especially Common With an Eye Injury)
Who Can Be Held Liable
The negligence theory of law is what the majority of burn cases are based on. To be able to prove the negligence, it’s essential that a list of the elements have been proven.
The elements of proof will include:
- There Was a Standard Duty of Care Owed to the Plaintiff by the Defendant
- This Standard Duty of Care Was Breached of the Defendant
- The Proximate Cause of the Plaintiffs Injuries Were This Breach in the Standard Duty of Care
In a majority of cases, the liable party for the burn injury will be the same party that produced and/or manufactured the piece of equipment that is responsible for the burn injury. For example, a stove manufactured in a defective manner and causes a burn injury to the consumer, the liable party both manufactured and is liable for the burn injury.
It’s possible for other parties to be held liable for burn injuries dependent on the circumstances, these parties including:
- Work Instructors, Supervisors and Trainers
- Equipment Monitors
- Product Distributors and Retailers
- Health and Safety Inspectors
There are a variety of legal remedies that are available when you file a burn injury lawsuit, some of these including:
- Payment of Court Costs and Other Fees
- A Monetary Damage Award Which Will Reimburse Costs and Losses for the Plaintiff
- An Injunction Which Will Require That the Defendant Enforce Better Standards in Production and/or Change Their Business Practices
There is no one burn injury lawsuit that’s exactly the same, therefore, the legal remedies available will vary with each individual lawsuit. Most commonly, the damages and remedies must be both proportionate and appropriate to the severity, as well as the nature, of the burn injury.
Hiring a Lawyer
Burns are injuries which in many cases can be quite severe and require the need for hiring a personal burn injury lawyer, who will be able to give:
- Legal Representation
Your personal burn injury lawyer at The Doan Law Firm will be able to give you the necessary legal advice when filing a burn injury lawsuit. Furthermore, your lawyer will be able to provide you with the necessary legal expertise are required throughout these proceedings. Lawyers at The Doan Law Firm are available 24/7/365, day or night, weekend or holiday. Contact us now at (800) 349-0000.
Introducing The Doan Law Firm
Learn about what motivates Attorney Jimmy Doan.
Get to Know Jimmy Doan
Learn about Attorney Jimmy Doan's background and ...