Doan Law Firm Thanksgiving Car Accident Lawyer Hotline – (800) 349-0000
Many people will be hitting the road today for Thanksgiving, heading off to celebrate the holiday with friends and family. Thanksgiving 2021 will be markedly different from last year when the vast majority of people were not able to gather with their extended family and friends because of restrictions associated with the novel coronavirus pandemic. There is a grim side to all of the overall good news about people traveling for the holidays. The number of Thanksgiving car accident deaths is expected to be particularly this year.
The National Safety Council is estimating that approximately 515 people will die on U.S. roadways during the 2021 Thanksgiving holiday period. According to the National Safety Council, the number of 2021 Thanksgiving car accident deaths will be at the highest level since 2007.
Essential Facts About the 2021 Thanksgiving Car Accident Death Rate.
There are some basic facts and factors to bear in mind when it comes to the 2021 Thanksgiving car accident death rate:
- The Thanksgiving holiday period is considered to be a 4.25 period of time that consists of:
- Wednesday evening
- Thursday (Thanksgiving Day itself)
- Specifically, the Thanksgiving holiday period extends from 6:00 p.m. Wednesday, November 24, through 11:59 p.m. Sunday, November 28
- Alcohol consumption is considered a major contributing factor to major automobile accidents, including those that occur during the Thanksgiving holiday time period
- Automobile travel has the highest fatality rate of any major form of transportation (based on the number of fatalities that occur per passenger mile)
Most Common Causes of Thanksgiving Car Accidents
As already noted, alcohol consumption is a major factor in a considerable number of Thanksgiving car accidents. In addition, the more frequently occurring underlying causes of Thanksgiving automobile accidents in the United States are:
- Talking to passengers in vehicle
- Talking on phone
- Mechanical issues
- Reckless driving
What to do After a Thanksgiving Car Accident
In the aftermath of a Thanksgiving car accident, there are a number of immediate steps that you need to take:
- Make sure medical issues are addressed, including calling emergency medical services
- Call the police and file a police report
- Exchange driver’s license and basic contact information with the other driver
- Document the accident scene:
- Video or take photos of accident scene and any injuries sustained (if possible)
- Get names and contact information from witnesses
- Obtain brief statements from witnesses (if possible)
- Contact an experienced car accident lawyer before you answer questions from an insurance company representative (like a member of the car accident team at The Doan Law Firm)
Doan Law Firm Thanksgiving Car Accident Lawyer
Understanding the realities of the holiday season that is upon us, The Doan Law Firm has established a Thanksgiving car accident lawyer hotline at (800) 349-0000. We are keeping the Thanksgiving car accident lawyer hotline staffed around the clock, 24 hours a day, during the entire Thanksgiving holiday period and beyond. No matter the time of day or night during the Thanksgiving holiday season, you will be able to connect with an experienced, caring Doan Law Firm car accident attorney.
A nationwide law practice, The Doan Law Firm has 40 offices located across the United States. As a result, if you or a loved one are involved in a Thanksgiving car accident, we can schedule an initial consultation for you at any one of our offices. In addition, we can arrange an initial consultation with a Thanksgiving car accident lawyer at your home, the hospital, or at you travel destination – at whatever location is convenient for you. We can also schedule a virtual consultation with a Doan Law Firm Thanksgiving car accident lawyer online as well.
There is never a charge for an initial consultation with a car accident lawyer from our firm. In fact, The Doan Law Firm never charges an attorney fee in a car accident case or in any other type of personal injury or wrongful death matter unless we win your case for you.
The Doan Law Firm Thanksgiving car accident lawyer team is committed to fighting tirelessly to obtain justice for you. We are committed to working diligently for the compensation you deserve.