The four firefighters that were injured in the recent Dallas apartment complex explosion have finally been publicly identified. The firefighters were the most seriously injured victim of the catastrophic blast. The Dallas apartment complex explosion left a total of eight people injured and hundreds of residents displaced.
The four firefighters injured in the Dallas apartment complex are:
- Christopher Gadomski
- Ronald Hall
- Pauline Perez
- Andrew Curtis
Andrew Curtis was taken to a local hospital following the Dallas apartment complex explosion. He has sustained injuries to a foot, was treated the same day, and was released from the medical center.
The same quick course of treatment cannot be said of Christopher Gadomski, Ronald Hall, and Pauline Perez. These three firefighters remain in serious but stable condition at Parkland Memorial Hospital.
Christopher Gadomski and Ronald Hall sustained burns and lower body injuries. Pauline Perez is suffering from burn injuries.
At this time, there is little additional information about the prognosis for these three firefighters. This includes any information about when they might be expected to be released from Parkland.
The four civilians injured in the blast were taken to the hospital as well. They have all been treated and have returned home. Their identities have not been released to the media or to the public.
The precise cause of the Dallas apartment complex explosion remains under investigation. What is known at this juncture in time is:
- Firefighters were called to the Highland Hills Apartments in response to reports from residents of the smell of natural gas at the complex.
- The firefighters that were injured in the blast were those that were called to the scene to investigate the odor. (They were at the scene at the time of the explosion.)
- The explosion caused part of one of the buildings at the apartment complex to collapse. (That building has since been demolished.)
- Other buildings sustained at least some damage in the explosion.
- In the immediate aftermath, approximately 350 residents were displaced as a result of the explosion.
- This included people in other buildings at the complex beyond the one where the explosion itself occurred.
- The displacement of residents continues and impacts about 250 people at this time.
- These residents are not able to return to their residences either because of concerns over possible building instability or a lack of utility services to the premise. (Utility service, including gas, was shut down to the complex after the explosion. A partial restoration has occurred in some buildings.)
- There is no set timeframe regarding when residents who remain displaced will be able to return to their apartments. (The possibility exists that some people may be precluded from returning to their apartment homes due to damage to the premises. This issue remains very unclear as of this time, largely because of lack of information made available by the owners and management of the apartment complex.)
- There is no timeframe by which the investigation into the cause of the Dallas apartment explosion is expected to conclude.
- Authorities to continue to express amazement that no one was killed in the catastrophic explosion.
If you were injured in the Dallas apartment complex explosion, the legal team at The Doan Law Firm is here for you. Similarly, if you’ve been displaced as a result of the blast, a Doan Law Firm Dallas apartment complex explosion accident lawyer is also available to answer your questions.
You can reach our firm any time of the day or night by calling us at (214) 307-0000. We can arrange an initial consultation with a Dallas apartment complex explosion lawyer at our office, located at:
The Doan Law Firm
2911 Turtle Creek Boulevard
Dallas, Texas 75219
We can also arrange an appointment for you at any other location that is convenient for you. A virtual consultation with a Dallas apartment complex explosion lawyer can be scheduled online as well. There is no charge for an initial consultation and case evaluation.
The Doan Law Firm makes an attorney fee guarantee to you. Our firm will never charge an attorney fee in your case unless we win for you. Our legal team is committed to working tirelessly on your behalf to fight for justice and the compensation you deserve in your case.