Over $1 Billion Won
For Our Clients

Accident Prompts Gel Candle Warning

After a 14-year-old Long Island, New York boy was hospitalized following an accident with a gel candle, the makers of the product issued a recall, reports say.

Reports say the youngster, Michael Hubbard, poured scented candle gel into a lit candle when the fire ignited the gel and the bottle exploded. The explosion left him with third-degree burns over almost half his body, and fighting for his life. His mother, Nancy Reyer, was also injured while she extinguished the boy.

Evidently, a few days later, Nick Stone, 24 of Manhattan, suffered second- and third-degree burns over 40 percent of his body while doing the same thing, accoding to reports.

The injuries were sustained after using the FireGel citronella gel, a candle gel that is meant to be poured into ceramic pots, report say.

The Doan Law Firm P.C. has extensive experience in personal injury and accidental death cases and can assist any family suffering loss or injury. Contact the Doan Law Firm, P.C., led by Houston personal injury attorney Jimmy Doan, at 1 Riverway, Suite 2055, Houston, Texas 77056, (713) 869-4747 or (800) 910-FIRM.

Request Free Consultation

Tell us about what happened


Contact Us
Request Your Free Consultation and Our Lawyer Will Contact You Within 1 Hour

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

* Required Field